"No cantes la lluvia, poeta. ¡Haz llover!"

"No cantes la lluvia, poeta. ¡Haz llover!"

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ganas (Goals)


A very wise person told me that I should write my goals down for my time in Spain in this blog so that other people could hold me accountable for accomplishing them. Being the dreamer that I am, I have a million. I know that I don't have time to accomplish all of these, but I think I would like to complete/accomplish/experience at least 6 of these. I'm sure I'll add to these with time. So, hold me accountable to my word please amigos : )



Oh yes, this is a picture out our backbeach, where I hope to accomplish my running goal. Can I combine that like backyard? Well, I just did.

The Ganas:

1)Learn how to cook Spanish cuisine.

2)Maintain a language and culture "intercambio".

3)Run 4 times a week on the beach.

4)Hike once a week to a different foothill in Rincón de la Victoria.

5) Learn the Spanish guitar.

6) Learn to salsa dance.

7) Learn to surf.

8) Make Spanish friends. Only speak in Spanish.

9) Take a set of photos at the beginning of my time here and then at the end as my feelings for my surroundings change. I want to see how I see things initially compared to at the end. I'd like to photograph my city, Rincón de la Victoria, Málaga and the city I teach in, Velez-Málaga.

10) Be a regular at a bar. To meet locals, haha, not just drink.

11) Play checkers with the elderly Spaniards at the bus station.

12) Really understand the layout of the city.

13) Gain a legitimate wine knowledge regarding the different regions of Spanish wine.

Hmmm. Ya, that's it for now. 8/3/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment