"No cantes la lluvia, poeta. ¡Haz llover!"

"No cantes la lluvia, poeta. ¡Haz llover!"

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Accordion Man

We have an accordion man. He plays for the people sitting in the cafés on the boardwalk underneath our flat and the restaurants across our street. However, it's amazing because he pretty much plays whenever I lie down on our couch and open up our sliding glass door to take an afternoon siesta. Oh yes, I can't forget that he begins a tune when we try to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I used to really despise him because he seems to have some sort of telepathy to pick up his accordion from the rolling cart he pulls behind him whenever I finally sit down to relax and listen to the waves outside. But we've made peace. When else am I going to have a happy, Spanish accordion man playing me random songs next to the Mediterranean? Yup, never.

I could stand on our patio or sit in our open living room all day looking at the Mediterranean, taking in the sea air while I look at the boardwalk and water. I love the smell of fresh sea air, and when the pizzeria beneath us is open the smell is always mixed with a bit of woodfire, authentic Italian pizza that wofts up to us. I normally  don't like this because it makes me want to sprint down and order one. 

Little kids run back and forth to the beach as their parents drink coffee and wine at the little cafés, the accordion man bumbles from audience to audience, Spaniards walk at a pace so slow that it doesn't qualify as a stroll, and dogs run so freely and happily on the sand. Watching dogs sprint across the sand and dodge in and out of the incoming tide is one of my most favorite things to do. Their tails can't wag fast enough and their feeling of freedom is palpable and transmissable. The moment their owners let them off their leashes they are just so incredibly happy. Man, I need a dog.

So anyways, here's a video of a typical afternoon view of our backyard everyday. Courtney has a digital camera that can shoot video -- not the best but better than nothing! The quality is better than the still frame though, I promise.





Until later,

Kenzie

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog finally. Very cool. Enjoy the good life.

    Ciao
    sundar

    ReplyDelete