"No cantes la lluvia, poeta. ¡Haz llover!"

"No cantes la lluvia, poeta. ¡Haz llover!"

Monday, January 17, 2011

OK, I admit it, I miss America.

I know that most of my blogs center around my love for Spain. I love this country, but I definitely miss America. I consider myself lucky to buy a pepper for 40 cents in January, bumble through a market for all of the fresh produce my heart desires, and eat the most amazing cheeses and meats for next to nothing from living in the South of Spain. However, aside from the fact that Americans know how to form a line and walk down a sidewalk, I'm going to be honest; I miss America sometimes, and especially the food. So, in honor of this, here comes my list:

Top 1o Foods I Miss from America
1) Freezies
2) Gedney Pickles
3) Buffalo Wings
4) Chicken Fajita Burrito from Chipotle
5) Tex-Mex Breakfast Burrito from the Uptown Diner with an amazing cup of coffee
6) Dove brownie ice cream
7) Goldfish!
8) Gatorade -- they only have Powerade here.
9) Steak. They have bistec here...a very thin filet of beef...just not the same.
10) Water. OK I obviously have water here. But the look I receive when I ask for a glass of water at a restaurant is weird. I miss drinking large, multiple glasses of water when out to eat at restaurants. Simple but true.

Yup that's it today. Very introspective : )

P.S. I lied. This is 11 things I miss. I miss milkshakes! No one has milkshakes. Yes. Definitely would like a real milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment